Every year, hundreds of students from India, Nepal, Africa, and other countries apply to study medicine Abroad.
Victoria University of Barbados, a Caribbean Medical University is located in Barbados, which is a hidden gem of Caribbean. The curriculum is designed as per US standards. With the best curriculum model, Victoria University of Barbados focuses on quality medical education and training to ensure medical licensure and residency placement for graduates.
Victoria University of Barbados is a well-recognized Caribbean Medical University which is recognized by some of the most essential and major medical organizations like Medical Council of India (MCI), listed in World Directory of Medical Schools and registered with Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
The tuition fee of studying Medicine in the Caribbean is very affordable as compared to costly regions and countries like Australia, Canada, USA, etc. Fees structure of Victoria University of Barbados is one of the least in Barbados and entire Caribbean region.
Apart from affordability, you get excellent facilities and modern infrastructure available in the Caribbean. In Victoria University of Barbados, apart from state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure, students are also given the opportunity to work on clinical rotations in affiliated hospitals of Barbados with developing opportunities in Asia, Caribbean, Africa, and the USA. Victoria University of Barbados ensures that students are provided with modern, comprehensive, and competitive medical education.
Simple Admission Process
In the Caribbean, generally, the admission procedure is simple, and students are not required to go for any medical entrance examination to Study Medicine in Caribbean.
At Victoria University of Barbados, we follow a simple admission procedure. Any candidate who fulfills eligible criteria can fill up the admission application form for MBBS program. Presently admissions for MBBS for 2019 session in Victoria University of Barbados are open. After filling the application form, students need to submit the same along with their academic records to the University.
After reviewing the applications, the students are shortlisted according to their academic record and are informed via e-mail. Then, the shortlisted candidates need to apply for Visa and notify the University about their Visa acceptance and arrival date. Generally, no entrance examinations like TOEFL, IELTS, SAT or GMAT are required to get MBBS admission in Barbados and other Caribbean regions.
Advantages of Studying MBBS In Caribbean:
Studying MBBS in Caribbean offers a large number of benefits to the students:
- MBBS degree from a well-recognized medical university like Victoria University of Barbados is recognized worldwide.
- Medical students in the Caribbean are sent for clinical rotations in the hospitals of the USA, Asia, and Caribbean which opens doors for the bright and golden future.
- Medical universities of Guyana, Barbados and other Caribbean countries in America offer scholarship programs to the students. This becomes a major reason for attraction for students around the world.
- Most of the Caribbean Medical Universities are well-recognized. Victoria University of Barbados is recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI), registered with Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER) and listed in World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS) and also chartered/ licensed and recognized by the Ministry of Education, Government of Barbados.
- The complete duration of MBBS is 5 years. You can become a doctor in just 5 years.
- Generally, applicants are not required to clear an entrance exam such as TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, and GMAT to take admission in MBBS in Caribbean.
Why MBBS In Caribbean?
Studying MBBS in Caribbean offers a large number of advantages to the students:
- No entrance test is required for admission which makes the admission process much easier.
- To get admission in Caribbean, there is no waiting list. Also, there is no requirement for any “donation.” You get good marks in secondary examination, take care of the low tuition and accommodation cost, and you are ready to get admission.
- Medical Universities in Caribbean follow US-based medical curriculum. At affordable fees, you are exposed to the same curriculum that medical students in USA are exposed to.
- Students are provided with the practical as well as experiments to improve their skills in a better way.
- Low-student teacher ratio is maintained for a personalized learning experience.
- The quality of infrastructure, education, and accommodation is comparable to other developed countries.
- The hospitals are well-equipped with excellent infrastructure and technology enhancing the quality of clinical experiences.
- The medium of teaching is English which helps the medical students from around the world to learn better.
- The Caribbean offers affordable and comfortable hostel and mess facilities. Hostels of Victoria University of Barbados are university managed and are well-equipped with all the necessary amenities like electricity, heating system, laundry, air conditioning, internet access, etc. Each hostel is well secured with a proper security system and CCTV cameras. Further, mess facility ensures quality food for all the students.
- Get the opportunity to live and experience the Caribbean Lifestyle. Holistic development opportunities that Caribbean offers ensure that you don’t just become a good doctor but a good person as well.